Thursday, November 29, 2012

Tim Walker : Storyteller

Well I went to this exhibition weeks ago, as I was so eager to see it as soon as it opened! However life has got in the way of me posting about it, the exhibition is still on and if I get the chance I will be going to see it again at Somerset House. 
I have always been a fan of Tim Walkers work and this exhibition guides you through it nicely, from the giant props, variety of photographs and the quotes on the walls. It was great to see the giant skeleton form one of the photo shoots inspired by Tim Burton's work and other props that were familiar form photo shoots. What is interesting with Tim Walkers work is that he really creates the dreamlike world of his photograph using real life props, rather than digitally edited in. His work will always evoke a feeling in me that makes me imagine clearly the world he is trying to project.




 

 






No comments:

Post a Comment